Tucson Marriage Licenses


Marriage License applicants must complete an application at one of our kiosks in the lobby of our Civil Unit on the first floor of the Superior Court building, 110 W. Congress, at the corner of Church and Congress in downtown Tucson. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Both applicants must appear in person and will be required to take an oath as to the information on their application.

The fee is listed online on this website under Filing Fees and is payable by cash, money order, or credit card.

The legal age of consent is 18. If you appear to be under 21, clerks may request proof of age, so please bring a Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Passport, or Military I.D.

If either or both of the applicants are 16 or 17 years old, consent of at least one of your parents is required. You will need to present a subscribed, sworn and notarized statement containing the names of both marriage license applicants, granting you permission to wed. If either or both are 15 years or younger, the law requires an order signed by the Juvenile Court Judge of the Superior Court to get a license.

No blood test or waiting period is required by the State of Arizona for a marriage license application. The license is valid for 12 months from the date it is issued. After 12 months, it expires. Your license issued by our office can be used anywhere in Arizona during those 12 months.

Congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming marriage. This information is from Clerk of the Superior Court’s Office

Visit Us On Facebook